Policies | Booth Amenities | Exhibitor FAQ | Parking and Accommodations
Please note: This section of our site in currently under construction and the information below may not be accurate at this time.
Full Exhibitor Disclaimer
CONTRACT FOR EXHIBITOR SERVICES
- The following terms and conditions form part of, and are to be read in conjunction with, the terms contained in the Application Form.
- For the purpose of these provisions:
- “Exhibitor” means the party named as the exhibitor in the Application Form requesting exhibit space(s).
- “Association” means the Greater Edmonton Teacher’s Convention Association of the Alberta Teacher’s Association.
- “Event” means Greater Edmonton Teacher’s Convention Association in Edmonton, Alberta on February 27 and 28, 2020.
- The application form, and all fees owing, must be returned to the Association no later than December 31, 2020. After this date the contract will be considered null and void, and the booth will be released.
- Any Application Form that is returned to the Association which is not accompanied by a signed copy of the above mentioned terms and conditions and a cheque for the full amount owing for the exhibit space(s) requested by the Exhibitor in the Application Form will be considered void.
- Any cancellation by the Exhibitor must be done by notice in writing and received by the Association no later than December 31, 2020. Cancellation before December 31, 2020 will result in booth fees refunded minus the deposit.
- If the Exhibitor cancels its appearance, but does not do so in accordance with the procedure set out above, the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) will not be refundable.
- Other than those items listed in the Application Form, the Association will not be responsible for the provision or cost of any materials, supplies or services used or required by the Exhibitor in connection with the exhibit space(s). Freight, Courier and/or Storage costs accrued through Goodkey Show Services, GES. ShowTech or Shaw Convention Centre before or during the convention is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. Any outstanding invoices are to be paid to the appropriate party before conventions end.
- Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, the Association will not be responsible for any special, incidental or consequential damages in any circumstances, including circumstances arising from the Association’s cancellation of the event or the exhibit space(s) for any reason or at any time whatsoever.
- The Association reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason up to 60 days prior to the first day of the Event, in which case the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) may be refunded to the Exhibitor by no later than 60 days after the Event.
- The Association reserves the right to cancel the Exhibitor’s exhibit(s) at any time before or during the Event, if, in the opinion of the Association, the Exhibit is not an accurate reflection of the description of the exhibit(s) that the Exhibitor provided in the Application Form, in which case the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) will not be refundable.
- If the Association cancels the Event or the Exhibitor’s exhibit(s), the Association may, in its discretion, compensate the Exhibitor for all or part of the costs that the Exhibitor incurred in the preparation for the Event or otherwise. Such compensation by the Association shall not be construed to be a waiver of the Association’s rights under clause 3 of this disclaimer or otherwise stop them from relying on those rights.
- By signing below, the Exhibitor acknowledges that it has read these terms and conditions in full and understands that they form part of the application and agreement for the provision of exhibit space at the Event.
The Alberta Teacher’s Association requires the information contained on this form in the order to conduct the Professional and business affairs if its membership and will collect, use and disclose the personal information about you accordingly. For inquiries, objections or concerns about how the Personal Information Act applies to your personal information, please refer to our policy on the Alberta Teacher’s Association website.
Exhibits area hours of Operation
GETCA 2020 EXHIBITS AREA HOURS OF OPERATION:
Wednesday, February 24 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM Exhibit Setup
Thursday, February 25 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday, February 26 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Note: All booths must be set up by 8:00 AM Thursday
We thank you in advance for your prompt attention to the above matters. If you have any questions or concerns please contact VP of Exhibits:
Email: [email protected]
New load in and load out guidelines
In light of some Safety concerns that have been brought up over the past years, we have instituted some new guidelines to ensure all of our colleagues, vendors and guests are kept safe during Tradeshow move in and out. During Move in and Out, the area can be similar to a Construction site with forklifts, pallet jacks and large pieces of machinery and equipment moving through the Halls. I have itemized the newest point below, and ask that you circulate to your exhibitors moving in:
For the Safety of all parties, no persons under the age of 15 may be present on the show floor during move in, move out or when heavy machinery is operating. It is the Show Manager’s responsibility to communicate this to exhibitor’s prior to the start of move in.
As this is a new policy in place, our Security staff will be circulating during the move in to ensure the policy is being followed, and will bring any concerns to you if exhibitors are violating the policy. This may result in them being asked to leave the venue if they do have children with them, which of course is something we want to avoid.